The mission of the Northeastern University’s Compliance Department is:
- To promote ethical choices and conduct by university officials, faculty, staff, and students, by providing a clear context that doing the right thing is a fundamental and expected element of all our undertakings;
- To educate and advise the university community as to our obligations under federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as university policies and procedures that are designed to foster a culture of compliance and ethical behavior;
- To create and maintain a framework for “partner” relationships between university constituents and compliance subject matter specialists;
- To conduct ongoing assessments of compliance performance, and eliminate, manage, and/or mitigate any identified compliance gaps; and
- To coordinate, support, and monitor university-wide compliance efforts, and identify and implement best practices.